- 23.04.2018 16:41Silknet and Geocell Are Offering Joint Campaign to Customers
- 23.04.2018 11:24New Universal Mini City to Be Built in Didi Dighomi district
PASHA Bank’s Easter CSR Activity
PASHA Bank continues its “Green line” and initiates yet another charity eco project.
This year, as a symbolic gift on Easter on behalf of its partners and clients the Bank planted 30 Caucasian Fir trees in the yard of “First Step”. This will significantly improve the living environment of the organization’s beneficiaries.
The planting was carried out by “Fair Trees Georgia,” who will also take care of the plants during the following 3 months. The height of the planted trees is about 0.8-1 meters, which increases their likelihood to survive. Due to the fact that Caucasian Fir produces significant amounts of oxygen, it is highly recommended for parks and recreation areas.
“For more than twenty years “First Step” has been providing assistance to children and youth with disabilities. Each month about 500 beneficiaries receive quality services and care from our professionals. We are trying to provide them with a healthy living environment. I would like to thank PASHA Bank for initiating this project and planting trees in our yard as it definitely will make the lives of our children better. We are happy to have such friend-companies around us and we encourage other organizations to get engaged in similar projects and create a better environment for children and youth,” said Tamar Zaalishvili, Director of “First Step”.
PASHA Bank plans to continue its environmental activities throughout the year: “We hope that our clients and partners will appreciate our Easter activity. As a socially responsible organization we are eager to continue doing similar projects and contribute to creating a better environment for us all. It is the third year running that PASHA Bank gets actively involved in environment friendly projects and we aim to stay the course in future,” said Anano Korkia, Head of PR and Marketing Department of PASHA Bank.
Environmental projects carried out by PASHA Bank in 2016-2017:
- Planting 2,017 trees as a new year gift for its clients and partners near Borjomi to rehabilitate the area that got burnt down in 2008; this activity was repeated on NY eve 2018 by financing the planting of 2,018 trees in the same area;
- Additional 500 trees planted near Borjomi as a part of “Aghadgine” campaign;
- Initiation of a project aiming at collecting paper for recycling, where companies donate used paper and in return for each kilogram 0,13 GEL is transferred to “Aghadgine” campaign; So far 110 companies have enrolled and 19.5 tons of used paper have been collected;
- 1,000 Georgian Oak (Quercus Iberica) and Imeretian Oak (Quercus Imeretina) trees planted in Ajameti Managed Reserve, the latter being in the Red List of threatened species of plants;
- Support of the green project by Rotary Club Tbilisi Ambassador carried out in Kondoli village (Telavi region, Kakheti), which implied planting trees in the school yard, building a playground and formation of the eco-club;
- Donation of Caucasian Fir trees to ten schools in Tbilisi in scope of Georgia Today’s CSR project on International Children’s Day, June 1.